The City will be activating all remaining pay stations as of August 12, 2015 in the Downtown area. In addition, pay stations in the area around City Hospital will also be activated. Please note that Broadway, Riversdale & Sutherland remain on the old meter system and those pay stations will be phased in at a later date.
When the new, flexible pay stations are turned on, the old coin meters will be covered with a white and yellow hood that directs drivers to use the pay stations. Until they encounter this hooding at the space they wish to park, drivers should continue to plug the old coin meters.
Important tips and reminders about the new systems and public parking in Saskatoon:
- Have your licence plate number handy when paying at a new station; you’ll need it at every transaction.
- Don’t forget to note the maximum allowable time where you’re parking; you can only park as long as the sign indicates, regardless of how much time you buy.
- You don’t need to display a dashboard ticket; your plate provides proof of payment.
- Balances on your parking purchase can be carried forward to any space that’s been switched over to the new system; balances cannot be applied to coin metered spaces.
- Additional parking time may be purchased after your last purchase expires, provided you have not exceeded the maximum allowable time posted at your parking space.
The first FlexParking pay stations were activated along 2nd Avenue and 21st Street on February 19th. More stations will continue to be activated in stages, in the weeks to come.
The City’s Disability and Veteran parking permit programs remain unchanged and drivers are still required to display their placards. For more information, and answers to frequently asked questions, visit www.saskatoon.ca/flexparking or call 306-975-2980.