Ambassador, Clean & Safe Team | Downtown Saskatoon
Position starts immediately, Full Time, Permanent
Hours of Work: Monday through Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Remuneration: $14.75/hour & Health Plan after 90 days
The Saskatoon Downtown Business Improvement District (BID) serves approximately 1,000 businesses in Downtown Saskatoon. As the cultural hub of the city, Downtown Saskatoon is recognized for its many festivals and events. DTNYXE, through its various programs and projects encourages people to experience Downtown Saskatoon.
The Downtown Clean & Safe Team works under the direction of the Operations Manager to ensure that all areas of the Downtown are kept clean and free of debris and litter to uphold and enhance the image of downtown. They are primarily responsible for sweeping sidewalks, collecting rubbish, removing litter from public amenities, reporting and assisting with graffiti removal
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safe and efficient daily street maintenance including sweeping sidewalks, picking up garbage, clearing ashtrays, etc.
- Maintain street flowers and amenities.
- Maintain cleanliness of poster boards and put up posters as directed.
- Safely operate small equipment such as leaf blower, JD Gator, power washer, etc.
- Provide support and assistance to staff as directed. Support may consist of assisting at downtown events, conducting deliveries, or assisting other employees as required.
- Safe removal and disposal of syringes or other paraphernalia found within the BID boundary or alert authorities in the event assistance is required.
- Provide general information and assistance to people Downtown.
- Other duties, as assigned, to deal with special events or functions.
- Clean & Safe Team members report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Energetic, personable, have a positive attitude, and a good work record.
- Must be available to work flexible hours outdoors with the ability to work in all types of weather.
- Team player with the ability to work in a team environment and also able to work independently.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks as directed, ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds, do a lot of walking and standing (this position is physically demanding).
- Able to operate power equipment such as a HPX Gator, street vacuum, power washer, snow blower
- Class 5 driver’s license
Please email resumes asap; applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Contact: Jamie Marushak, Operations Supervisor – 306-664-0711 / email@example.com. The positions will be filled ASAP.